New students: For information on activating your Computer User ID, click below on the "Computer User ID" tab.
Our IT systems and services require several different user logins:
- Student ID
- Computer User ID
- Email address
Which Login do I use for each online service? If your name is John Smith, login details would be:
|Student ID||199999999||Registration, Library account, Library room booking, C3 Job Board|
|Computer User ID||jsmith99||On-campus computers, myFiles, Brightspace by D2L, and myPrint.|
|Email Addressemail@example.com||O365 email,
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application., U-Pass BC Compass website, Lynda.com, Ask IT Knowledge Base
Note: Preferred email still previous email (not automatically set).
Step 2: deselect 'Preferred email'. Go to preferred email.
Step 3: Deselect 'Make this your Preferred Personal address'.
Step 4: Click submit to save.
Step 6: Select new preferred email.
Step 7: Select 'Make this your Preferred Personal address'.
Step 8: Click submit to save.
Step 9: New email is now set as the preferred address.
Your Student ID:
- Your Student ID is the 9 digit number that you are given when you first become a Langara student.
- This number will remain the same as long as you are a student
- If you leave and then return to the college, your original Student ID will still be valid.
- myLangara calls it a password. Web Registration calls it a PIN.
- Your myLangara password and your Web Registration PIN are the same.
- Login to myLangara using the same information you have used to login to Web Registration in the past.
- New students are given a default PIN with their registration package.
Activation & Password Reset Instructions
To activate your Computer User ID or reset your password:
- Log into myLangara.
- Select Manage Computer Accounts under the Online Self Service menu
- Select Maintain Computer User ID
- If you are in Regular Studies select ""Maintain Computer User ID - Regular Studies"
- If you are in Continuing Studies select "Maintain Computer User ID - Continuing Studies"
- View your Computer User ID under User ID
- Select ACTIVATE new account or RESET/FORGOTTEN password, enter your Computer User ID and press Activate or Continue
- Activation or Password Reset information will be sent to the non-langara email address you provided the college(click image to make larger)
Note: In order to activate your Computer User ID or reset your password, you need to have a preferred email account setup and it cannot be a Langara email account.
If you do not have a preferred email account setup, please follow the instructions below. Then re-attempt to reset/activate your Computer User ID.
Instructions on how to update preferred email address on myLangara:
- Log into myLangara
- Click on Main Menu
- Click on the Students tab
- Click on Personal Information
- Select Student in Type of E-mail to Insert
- Click Add
- Enter your desired email address in the E-mail field.
- Click on Submit
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Note 2: International Students who have applied to Langara through an agent might need to change their preferred email address from their agent's email address to their personal email address on the mylangara website.
Note 3: This is also useful for anyone who no longer has access to their preferred email address.
You can use your email address to log into multiple systems. Currently Langara students can access the Translink U-Pass Compass Card system, Lynda.com and Eduroam Wi-Fi network using your email address. This was formerly called "Federated ID".
- Email ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password is the same one that you use to login on campus computers (i.e., accompanies your Computer User ID)