Education / Professional Associations
- Social Marketing Certification, Hootsuite Academy (2017)
- Standard First Aid, Canadian Red Cross (2015 - Current)
- Recreation Leadership Diploma Program , Langara College (2010)
- B.Sc. (Ecology & Evolution), Simon Fraser University (2008)
- High Five - Principal Healthy Child Development & QUEST, BCRPA (2010)
- National Lifeguard Service certificate, Lifesaving Society (2002 – 2010)
- Water Safety Instructor certificate, Lifesaving Society (2002 – 2011)
- Lifesaving Instructor certificate, Lifesaving Society (2002 – 2012)
- BCRPA Fitness Instructor certificate, BCRPA (2003 – 2010)
- BCRPA Pool Operator I certificate, BCRPA
- Member of the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association
Andrew has over seven years of background in aquatics as a lifeguard, instructor, and fitness leader. Over time, the high quality recreational experience accompanied by the rewarding smile on the patrons’ face inspired him to continue his study in the field of recreation. The Recreation Leadership Diploma Program at Langara College had also widened and taught him many things aside from leadership alone such as the value of diversity, recreation philosophy, and servant leadership approaches which can apply in one’s daily life. In addition, the program’s internship had opened many doors for him in his career path.
Andrew had also worked for BC Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) as a Programs & Initiatives Assistant. He had the opportunity to coordinate the national-wide SOGO Active Initiative in BC with ParticipACTION and also assist in key event such as the Ripple Effects Aquatic Conference and Spring Parks and Grounds Training hosted by BCRPA.
Currently, Andrew is an Instructional Assistant for the Recreation Department at Langara College. Andrew continues to volunteer as a member in the board of director committee at his local church, True Jesus Church.
“In matters of style, swim with the current;
In matters of principle, stand like a rock.”
- T. Jefferson