Job Title: Instructor, Data Analytics
Full Time/Part Time: Part-time, fraction (25%) of Full-time
Posting Type: Concurrently
Department/Program: Department of Mathematics and Statistics / PDD program in Data Analytics
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Graduates of this program will work in the analytics area in support of the organization development and help making technical and strategic decisions.
Descriptions of the program and specific courses can be found on the Langara web site:
Description of Position:
We are looking for an instructor with previous teaching and extensive work experience in statistics or related fields. Candidates will be expected to teach advanced multivariate techniques, especially in cluster analysis on two evenings (4 hours) a week. The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Langara College is dedicated to excellence in teaching and offers a dynamic and collegial work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach course content to a diverse group of students
- Lead demonstration of statistical software (SAS and R) during classes or lab sessions
- Collaborate closely and have regular meetings with the program coordinator
- A minimum of a master's degree in statistics or in related disciplines
- Mastery in SAS and R
- Must have relevant real-world experience
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience would be an asset
Length of appointment: Four months
Start Date: January 1, 2020
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors' salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: Please forward your resume and cover letter, no later than 4:30pm of the closing date to "Apply Here"
Competition No.: F061-19
Deadline: October 14, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
Posted on September 30, 2019
Distribution: Human Resources, L.F.A., Deans' Office