INTERNAL POSTING ONLY !
Job Title: Division Chair, Nursing Division
Description of Position:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The Nursing Division falls under the Faculty of Nursing.
Appointment to this faculty position is subject to the terms and conditions of the LFA Collective Agreement (Article 10.7). Division Chairs are released from instructional duty at three-quarters of full-time for the purposes of performing leadership and administrative duties on behalf of the College.
- As per Article 10.7 in the Collective Agreement, a Division Chair must be a full-time regular faculty member.
Key Leadership Competencies:
Makes Good Decisions
- Problem solving and decision making
- Organizational awareness
- Professional maturity
- Tenacity, resilience and patience
- Aspiration and self-development
- Student focus
- Business awareness
- Visioning and strategic thinking
- Community focus
Builds Strong Teams
- Team leadership
- Mentorship and coaching
- Relationship management
- Applicants must submit a covering letter and curriculum vitae indicating how their experience meets the requirements of this position.
- Qualified applicants may be considered for appointment to a position outside of the Division in which they instruct.
Length of appointment:
Division Chairs are appointed for an initial term of two (2) years. Subsequent appointments shall normally be for three (3) years, with an appointee being limited to two (2) consecutive three (3) year appointments, for a maximum total of eight (8) consecutive years as Division Chair.
Start Date: May 1, 2020
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience, plus a division chair allowance.
Employee Group: LFA
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Competition No.: F057-19
Deadline: October 31, 2019
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
Distribution: Human Resources, L.F.A., Deans’ Office